Wednesday, June 18, 2008

Wed with Katie...and friends :)











I love Wednesday night dinners... right now my soul feels incredibly satisfied and trying to write the perfect description of our time tonite would simply not do it justice. We all were so happy to be together and rather than go somewhere out and about like we normally do, we just ate outside on our patio and it was absolutely wonderful. Tonite we ate incredible guacamole prepared by the darling Miss. S and I made tortilla soup, a southwest style salad and for dessert i made up little smores with cinnamon graham crackers, vanilla marshmallows and organic chocolate...

There truly is an intimate exchange that takes place around the comfort of a dining table, some days conversation is lively and animated, other times reflective and heart felt, I love those times no matter what direction it goes because ultimately it provides a sense of belonging and unity that we need more often than we realize. Food is nourishing but so is fellowship...


peace to your hearts,


julia xo

5 comments:

Becky Dellar said...

Absolutely! The conversation that happens is more satisfying than food (even the Best food!). I am dining with you in my heart :)

Villa Anna said...

Julia your evening looks and sounds divine. Would you believe I've never tried smores before? I've only really seen and heard about them in the movies lol.

Anna :)

~j~ said...

I wish BOTH of you could join us for our dinners, truly a time i look forward to! Anna, smores are soo easy peasy, the kids would LOVE them...
much love,
j

Emily said...

Hi Julia-
Thank you for your encouragement on my blog...I actually was just talking with someone about Al Merrick's son being a pastor at a church in Carpenteria...and you go there!

I appreciate your encouragement and prayers, and I welcome them and can't tell you how grateful i am that the holy spirit leads people to pray. As you know, CF is not an easy disease- yet I believe God can be glorified and use it for His kingdom.

Many blessings to you and your family (I am fond of the name Julia, that's my sister's name :).

With love,
Emily
http://journeywithem.blogspot.com

ps. Your blog has some beautiful photos, and I love checking new blogs and meeting new people :)

~j~ said...

Thanks so much for the lovely comments and visit to my blog Emily. Really blessed to meet you through Nates blog and I am super stoked to come visit yours now too!
I am learning so much about CF through so many( now including you!) Nate has helped bring alot of people together hasn't he?!
If ever you are up this way to do some surfing let us know!
Love,
julia

p.s. that was my Great Grandmothers name by the way, and I love it too!

Related Posts with Thumbnails