Have I told you about my friend Sandy over at Reluctant Entertainer.? The past two years of our friendship (that started as a result of blogging!) I have seen RE blossom into the most encouraging, heartwarming and valuable source for anyone who may have or had an aversion to hospitality for lack of confidence, time, fear or in my case, hospitality burnout. She makes it possible and gives permission for us gals to just do it, but with ease,encouraging us to let go of the self imposed restrictions of perfection alot of us have developed ,allowing our hearts to embrace simple yet edifying acts of hospitality. This includes (but does not limit) her examples of how to prepare easy to assemble meals for company without the Martha(s) mentality (you know which two I am talkin about), how to use items around your home to make beautiful and unique centerpieces without busting your budget, and suggestion on how to reach out to our neighbors and those in need in our own community through the gift of a home made coffee cake or a delicious and hot casserole.
Sandy's heart and priority are first and always her man, her beautiful children and family and friends. This is oh so evident as she threads each post connecting them all to create a most beautiful and enjoyable blog, one that will truly touch your heart and give your hospitality wings the much needed lift to take off and fly! I know hospitality is a big part of who I have been created to be and being reminded of the importance and gift this is to those in our circles of influence and beyond is a good read indeed. Thank- you Sandy xo I love you and Thank you for your commitment to remind and encourage us all through RE.
Please take some time this month and visit my wonderful friend, you will be greatly inspired as I have been, and what I love about her most is she is sooo relaxed, genuine and encouraging, not to mention uber talented.
I am also pleased to announce that she has her very first book coming out this August for all Reluctant Entertainers and I hope you each get an opportunity to purchase a copy ( she did not ask me to plug this for her, I am just very,very proud of her accomplishment!).
as always,
Love ~j~
Love ~j~
xo
p.s.( which in this case stands for Pro active Suggestion), take a in-depth look around Sandys blog and commit to gathering a few or alot of friends in your home this month for an evening of tasty food, and lively conversation, she has many recipie suggestions and ideas for how to extend hospitality in your own home.After all it's a new year and it's the perfect time to try something new!!... Ready- set- GO!! 
4 comments:
Love this feature of Sandy's blog. Thanks for getting me into it, I love everything about it and cannot wait for more posts and the BOOK!
Sandy's blog is great-I think I found it through yours-it has helped me to get out of the "perfection" or nothing attitude of entertaining-thanks for sharing more about her.
Julia - I would really like to get her book! Let me know when it comes out... :)
I am looking forward to the book release too! I will most definitely be throwing out a blog reminder!
Glad you ladies enjoy her blog
xo
j
Post a Comment