Sunday, May 16, 2010
Inspiring...
Welcome Home Jessica!!
I have been following this young lady and her beautiful pink boat Ella for the last seven months as she has sailed around the world, and what an adventure it has been! Pouring over video from her homecoming today as she sailed into port in Sydney was very emotional for me watching as she came to the final leg of her dream. From the moment I heard about what she was setting out to do I became captivated over her desire to attempt sailing in a fairly small boat in extremely large seas around the world and her incredible composure to blog about it in often extreme conditions all with great poise and humor. I somehow felt like I was a part of her everyday life on the boat as hundreds of thousand of bloggers cheered her through her seven month adventure and she took the time to let us know how important we were in the process. A great lesson don't you think? we all need one another to navigate the rough waters even if it appears we are trying to do it solo, it just makes the journey so much more enjoyable. Jessica, we have never met but I am so very, very proud of you and you sweet girl have truly inspired and touched a place in my heart that I did not know existed. God bless you and your family!
Lovej
xo
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment