Wednesday, January 18, 2012

Meanwhile... back at the 302 the lady of the house was stricken with the case of the vapors...in other words the stomach flu. Taking up residence in my haggard ol body I have succumbed to this years most deadliest catch, the 2012 almost like going to Mexico stomach virus that is making it's appearance in homes near you! all I can say is have lots of soda crackers, vitamin water and all the other lovely essentials needed for your near death experience front and center as you are gonna need em.

My month sabbatical is quickly drawing to a close and I can't say that I have set out to do any of the best layed plans that I had "planned" so there! Where does the time go? No answer just the question.

In other news I have become highly addicted to the following, and I admit this freely with no guilt or shame... just for the record.
Coming in at number ones are, and in no particular preference as they are both neck and neck, Downton Abbey on PBS and Revenge!! How I love these shows, over the top excited to watch them each week. My other guilty pleasure is New Girl, Modern Family and always and forever Barefoot Contessa on the food channel. She's my girl! She loves butter for cryin out loud!! Oh and of course The Office!!

Beau and I have become quite well acquainted with the absence of both Libby and Mr. Hubs, one gone to heaven , one gone for Lobster season, I suppose another kind of heaven if you were to ask him. I can't say as he (the dog) is as enjoyable as Miss Libby was but he does make me laugh and quite frankly it's just nice to laugh on a daily basis.

I have re-ignited my enjoyment of juicing. We bought ourselves a very fancy shmancy juicer and it does the trick! My favorite combos currently are pineapple, orange and apple! hmm mmm
It's waaayyy to cold here and I am seriously considering not being here for next winter. I am disliking it that much.
Mobile home vs keeping our home... the great debate continues
Well, just thought I would fill in the blanks since I can't sleep, as usual, and it feels good to tickle the ol keyboard like the good ol days!

love to anyone who is reading this :)
xo
love j




3 comments:

Meghan Elaine said...

Good morning. Sorry you were feeling so bad! My kids have had colds this year but thankfully no stomach flu...hope it stays away.

I love Modern Family as well! I only record a few shows and that's one of them, makes me laugh out loud. :)

Cristine said...

Sorry to hear you got the yucks!!! Nothing like soda crackers and water...

So when did you get cable back? That's new! Sounds like you like comedy, no surprise there!!

I am ready to play when your sabbatical is over!!

Linda Lou said...

Hope you are feeling better now Julia - I love Revenge too - I loved her character on Brothers & Sisters, and now she is the evil one, but does it very well, and as you know Brefoot Contessa will always be my number one favorite on Food Network...and Modern Family is a hoot...

Related Posts with Thumbnails