I think it's so important for everyone to have that space in their home where quiet moments can be experienced, for me it's this spot in my room. Years ago i was fortunate enough to acquire a vintage wicker beach chair that i keep under my bed and pull out each morning to use for my devotion time. It has a little compartment under the seat where i keep my devotionals and journal , from here i can look out my french door into the garden. This view allows me to take in our beautiful sycamore tree which is slowly overpowering the backyard. I have spent many a morning gazing into the leaves and branches of this tree offering up my hopes, dreams and concerns of the day. While this spot is not necessarily very eye appealing it has become an area that has become very special to me because of what takes place in that chair and in my heart. Lately i could probably water my garden with all the tears i have been shedding but this is what quiet places are for a place to reflect, restore and revive to receive the blessings that each day holds. I am grateful for this part of my house that is just for me.
Hoping you have your own quiet place,
peace to your heart,
~j~
1 comment:
Oh I LOVE your quiet place! I am so excited that you shared this! What a perfect place to BE.
Blessings to you,
Melissa
Post a Comment