Monday, March 24, 2008

Looking ahead









These images just make my heart soar as they each contain certain elements of things I love to have around me, reminders of the beach, colors soft like sea glass, fresh flowers, seashells,comfy couches that you melt into and relax instantly, and pillows, pillows and more pillows. After April when half of my household gets shipped off to Oahu with my son and new daughter in love, I get to have some new couches and chairs to fill in the empty places of our living room. Giving the kids our furniture which is still fairly new is such a blessing to be able to do and I am gathering inspiration pictures in anticipation of my new look. Going to go for the white, never thought in a million years that would happen but until we have grand babies I am going for it! So this is a little peek of the direction I am going for, at least for now. I am sure that Melissa and Anna will get me going every which way and I will want to do every room they post but I must stay focused :) .

Hope you are having an awesome day, and thank you for stopping by!

love julia


6 comments:

Villa Anna said...

*GASPS* My mouth literally dropped when I saw these STUNNING images! Wherever did you find them?

That blue bathroom counter top is too die for!

Julia if you redo your home in this style you absolutely MUST document every change. I'd LOVE to see as many photo's as possible.

Anna ;)

p.s I hope you had a lovely easter dear friend :)

~j~ said...

oh my goodness I totally forgot to list my source!! I just did it after I almost fell off my chair when you asked me where I found them lol Better homes and Gardens a magazine that I no longer subscribe to but was pleasantly surprised by looking online.
And yes, I will take snaps when I start the process which will be after April (sons wedding). You are so sweet to be so enthusiastic Anna, wish you were here to go paint chip sampling.
Have a wonderful day today Anna, thank you for stopping in!
love j

Villa Anna said...

I wish I were there too! Paint chip sampling is just about one of my most favourite things to do hehe

Anna ;)

Kristen said...

Beautiful! So light and airy... very beach chique. Can't wait to see how it turns out! I especially love the bathroom.

Melissa @ The Inspired Room said...

Hi Dearest! I have gotten behind in my blog reading again. And what treasures I have missed here!

That is utterly THRILLING that you get to do some decorating and furniture buying! :-) My heart is now pounding with happiness for you! LOL! I keep looking around my house imagining the day I can give all of my things to my girls. I will welcome the idea of a fresh new start (even though I have beautiful things you do sometimes yearn for something different!).

Do take lots of photos! I can't wait to see it all happen for you! With the wealth of options out there all staring us in the face on these blogs, it would be so hard to choose just one favorite inspiration room! I can never decide on my favorite look!


xo
Melissa

~j~ said...

isn't that the truth! I am really trying to stay on track with my california beach cottage theme but oh the choices! Soon after the wedding i will be getting started otherwise we will be sitting on the floor, who knows we might be anyway for the time being lol
j

Related Posts with Thumbnails