No, really, this is where I get my haircut! So Californian I know, but today I hobbled back to my dear friend who had to take some way blond highlights out of my hair and in the back of the salon they have this beautiful garden where you can sit under the dryer or just sit and do whatever. The smell of the lemon blossoms, the sound of the water feature and the sun warming me to perfection felt like a slice of heaven and a mini vacation. While sitting there i spied the latest edition of the Harvard Business Review and opened up to an article entitled " The Existential Necessity of Midlife Change.... hmmmmm ,interesting, but it was the little caption to the left that got to me... last chance, great, just what I needed, another reminder of my current state of being. Anyway i returned home to find someone had anonymously sent me a stack of scripture cards that were very uplifting (me thinks it was my bd) and it was a lovely way to continue a day that I wish I had more of.
I hope this is finding you all enjoying great health and calm seas..
love to you all,
~j~
2 comments:
Wow, I wish I had a place like that to get my hair cut at! I'd go more often!
Thanks for visiting.. I agree with the make up thing too! If she could only take 10 years off! ;)
Jen R
Julie, that is so gorgeous! I can't imagine having my hair done outside with a view like that. How delightful! I can't believe I pay a fortune to sit in a crowded room and listen to so much chaos when I could be relaxing on a porch listening to a water feature....*sighs*
Anna ;)
Post a Comment