Sunday, November 30, 2008

Meems Mail





Thanks to all of you who have expressed such
concern over the past week with Meems
being in India.
There are so many who are praying for she and the team
and while they have not experienced anything the likes of what happened in Mumbai
you can imagine my desire for her to return
home soon and safely and how i treasure those prayers!!
Their team is in a region near the borders of Pakistan and China it
is relatively free from what we read of daily but they will
soon be leaving there and staying two days in a major city as they
prepare to come back to the states as a result
I have found myself becoming a little more, shall we say
agitated. As she prepares to come home i realize that it is
the traveling (ie, planes, trains, and buses) in this country that gets me so wound up.
I am purposing to comfort myself with the word and remind myself that God loves her more than
I do and this life is hers and Gods alone. As I have written here before
we have done our part now we just get to watch the
beauty of it all unfold, but really? does it always have to be
in a third world country?! :} this is why I am convinced that
God created Botox, for Moms like me who otherwise would have
furrows the size of coin slots ;)
So again, thanks for thinking of me. You can be certain
that when she comes home I am going to have LOADS of snaps from that
reunion!
peace to your heart ,
j

4 comments:

Bethany said...

Trevor and I are both praying for a safe trip home for Meehan and for you to not worry! We love you! Great seeing you and D on Sunday, makes us miss SB even more!!! xox Bethany

Kathy said...

Julia: I can imagine your concern, my husband was in Pakistan on business and returned 4 days before 9-11..I still thank God everyday for his hand in my husband's return and I know full well the many emotions I felt. I truly believe that God is the end of fear, and the heart that realizes that he is in the midst.. will be quiet in the midst of alarm. I can tell by your blog that your heart knows this. I will pray for the safe return of your daughter and her team and for comfort and calmness for you. Take care, Kathy

~j~ said...

Thank you Bethany and Kathy truly it makes me feel so encouraged and strong being supported through the kindness of your words and prayers.
A big hug to both of you for such love!
xo
julia

shelbi said...

my earnest prayers for our meems. you are such a strong mama....

xoxo
shelbi

Related Posts with Thumbnails