Friday, December 19, 2008

Birthday Outing

Starting our morning with coffee at Peete's
this past Tuesday, we headed up north to a charming little
town called Cambria to celebrate my husbands birthday!
This is my Mom and Dad (how cute are they?!) walking
towards a hot cup of goodness...
Our favorite place to stop in Cambria
is this incredible nursery, sadly I forgot
the name but you can just get lost in
all the little places they have created to display
items to adorn your garden

I love old, weathered gates and windows
they captivate me for some reason...


Heading to lunch at Robins... if you
ever find yourself in Cambria
you absolutely must stop in and
have lunch or dinner here,
below, the most amazing fish tacos!

And for the Birthday Guy..... a mousse shooter!
Good to the last drop



This charming little confections store was
all done in black and white stripes
with crystal chandeliers and
every type of candy imaginable
This is another must see and
I bet you don't' walk out empty handed either!






Of course being right on the ocean our
day would not have been complete without
a surf check and a few minutes to
take in the beauty of the beach and waves
after all it was my husbands birthday
and that to him is the most perfect birthday gift.
Hope you enjoyed our little outing,
love julia

7 comments:

joyfulgirl said...

I'm so excited that you were all able to get away for a day, and to Cambria...one of my favorite places to visit! Happy Happy Birthday to your incredibly wonderful husband. So glad he got some time off for a celebration:)
xoxo

Cristine said...

Sounds and looks like a perfect birthday for Dale...even getting a surf check in...fortunately for you it was flat! ha, ha, ha
Your folks are so precious!

Linda Lou said...

What a lovely little town Cambria is, I have never been there, usually heading north on the 101 and pass it by, not anymore. Nothing I love more than a quaint beach town with great shops, and good places to eat!!! Hope you hubby had a great birthday.

Kathy said...

Looks like such a fun day..the shops look adorable, love the picture of the fence and the chocolate mousse shot...totally yummy...

Sandy said...

love the red shutters, the cool-looking guy, anything CHOCO! and another year of health and life!

happy late bday DALE!

Kirstin said...

I love the pictures. I too love gates! Well anything a bit rustic catches my eye! I love all the shops you visit. Makes me want to visit your area..maybe someday.

~j~ said...

Cambria is really charming and my pictures definitely don't do it justice! My hubby had a great day ( of course any day away from the job is a great day) and we hope to get up that way for a weekend getaway one of these days to do some more exploring!
xo
j

Related Posts with Thumbnails