
o,k. many of you have been asking... how does it feel?
are you scared? how is it to function day to day?
don't you miss it? TELL ME!!
Well after only 48 hours I am seriously kind of liking
the whole no cell phone thing! REALLY!
The first day was the most difficult, I missed out on
an opportunity to help and hang out with some friends
that were moving (dear hubby was there however)
and when I realized that I have absolutely NO
cell phone numbers stashed in a secret compartment anywhere, I thought
hmm what would Laura Ingall's do? lets just take it back to
the really super deluxe simple life. so I went for a run on the beach,
throwing caution to the wind I ran with complete freedom,
However there were the occasional random thoughts like, what if some
degenerate exposes himself and I can't dial 911?
A dog could bite me and I could lay there bleeding to death
having my final moments with Jesus laying on the warm sand
with foaming sea water baptizing me into eternity and ....
and then I snapped out of it because it started to feel really,really
good, I could seriously practice being brave!
Then I got really crazy and after my run sat down on the beach
and read my bible... it was hard. at first. again the thoughts,
what if? my son, my daughter, my mom, my work,
a whatever? and then I realized that in that moment my time was truly my
own, and no one else. Please don't interpret this as a dis my
beautiful family and friends it's just that it feels incredibly liberating. to be still, quiet,
not bound by a small, electronic ball and chain.
Today, well here is another truth, I feel normal- what I used to feel like, it's hard to explain
it just feels soo good not to have my cell phone!!
Putting your phone on silent is not the experience
you will get if you actually get rid of your cell phone
(number and all!)
Now all this to say that I know a new cell phone is in the future,
near or far it makes no difference, for now
I am so enjoying being the one to DROP my
cell phone instead of it always dropping me!!
Love
~j~
1 comment:
...well that answered all my questions...sure sounds like you are making this is a good experience julie! i love your comment about you dropping your cell phone instead of it dropping you. what a gorgeous day to spend at the beach...a run and time with the Lord.... so, for now this is good.
Post a Comment