Tuesday, July 08, 2008

Canning by Candelight





I know, your just as sick of seeing and hearing about my apricots as I am, but honestly we can't pick these things fast enough, normally we give them away or they sadly just go to waste. but this year I finally have the time to do some canning! Soo last night finally got to it when midway through the process the power went out! AGAIN, for the 7th night in a row. Having no choice, lit a few candles and it worked out just as well. As for the taste, not so sure but today am going to do Apricot and Jalapeno Sauce, which is really,really yummy over BBQ burgers. And my solemn promise to you is no more Apricot posts until next summer :))
peace to your heart,
j

5 comments:

Kelly O'Bar said...

Looks absolutely delicious!!!! :)

~j~ said...

Kelly,please come over and pick some if you like! so nice to finally meet you at church on Sunday :)
Thanks so much for stopping by.
love j

Sunny said...

Loved your BLOG
at the moment due to circumstances can only view @ our library...
Hope to get computer soon then I can download pics......
Blessings...
There are a few pics on my earlier blogs...
Beautiful pics.....
our weather here is rain rain and MORE rain... Only realised it was the 4th of JULY yesterday because of our summer ??? here lol....

Julie said...

Hey friend, They look delicious. Now I want to go and taste a fresh apricot. Can you believe I've never had a fresh one? I don't even know what they taste like. How sad is that????

You are a trooper, canning by candlelight.....

Loved the pictures!

Hugs,
Julie

~j~ said...

Sunny-thank you so much for visiting and your sweet comments.
Please stop by again!
j

Julie! WHAT!? we are going to have to send you some Apricots girl!
I wish I had known that earlier i would have loved to send you some, next year for sure o.k?
love j

Related Posts with Thumbnails