Monday, July 21, 2008

I Got MAIL!!

"re-enactment"







The joy of snail mail… I truly had forgotten the thrill of sending something in the mail that was specifically sent with the intention of making someone smile. My Mom called this morning so excited about receiving a package filled with goodies from my son and daughter in law and the joy in her voice made me smile as I heard how happy it made her!

But guess what???!! I got mail too!!!!

Sent by my beautiful daughter and daughter in law, inside were precious photos of each of them, along with gorgeous water photos from around Oahu, a hilarious sticker proclaiming that “muffins are ugly cupcakes” (thanks to my son for that one!) and the most darling miniature carved mermaid holding a pearl that the girls discovered while shopping during M’s short but sweet visit with B (hmmm, runs in the family these commando visits). The card that they sent and each wrote in made me cry, I miss each of them so much, but there was something about seeing their handwriting on paper that was very comforting.

I LOVE getting the mail, it’s weird I know but no matter the amount of bills or junk mail I retrieve each day I love going there with the anticipation equivalent to finding something like buried treasure… usually in the form of a new magazine, or announcement of upcoming plant sale, an occasional invitation to a party or like today, a manila envelope filled with priceless photos and words. Thank -you to my beautiful children, all three of you.
I know this is so selfish but do you think the next mail drop could include all three of you fed-exd to my front door?! o.k. i can dream can't i?

Hope this encourages you to snail mail someone, peace to your heart,
j

5 comments:

Sandy said...

Snail mail is really awesome. I LOVE getting boxes in the mail. And thank you's and notes in general.

Sounds like it made your day! :)

Villa Anna said...

Snail mail rocks my world! I guess thats one of the reasons why I love buying on ebay so much - I feel it's like my birthday when my package arrives in the mail lol.

Julia, I'm thrilled to hear your children are thriving in their lives.

Anna :)

p.s I'm passing on the brillante webblog award to you. See my blog for details :)

joyfulgirl said...

What a gift! I LOVE getting surprises in the mail...it brings joy to my heart whenever I get something unexpected. So glad you have such thoughtful people to know what will make your heart smile.
love you,
*A*

shelly said...

how sweet! i love it.

Julie said...

What a precious gift you received today.

Rejoicing with you.

Hugs,
Julie

Related Posts with Thumbnails