Emptier Nest
When you were little I didn't know, and now I know even less, it’s what books don’t tell you, others keep secret , and even the great book hides for fear of a mothers understanding, or did i voluntarily choose blindness? The cut that takes place the day of birth only widens and separates all the while doing so knowingly but never fully grasping it’s full volume, until it is too loud, and then I heard. This is all that i can say right now…
10 comments:
Julia,
My heart is breaking at your transparency after seeing your slide show and note to Meean (sp?) on your blog. The first thing I want to say is "Well done my good and faithful servant." The Lord tells us that our children are like a quiver of arrows. It would appear that we are to raise them up and then shoot them out into the world. What sacrifice is motherhood. You on one end and I on the other. Two mother's hearts breaking at the beauty and poignancy of this blessed service to our Lord.
I know right now you feel Meean (wish I knew how to properly spell her name) is all you have to give to the Lord but I believe you will find that inside of you there is so much more still dying to come out and give and experience. You have a whole life still waiting for you and I know you don't feel that right now. Here is my prayer for you, beautiful friend and mother...
"May the God of hope fill you with all joy and peace in believing, so that you may abound in hope by the power of the Holy Spirit." Romans 15:13
Love you Julia!
Emily
What an amazing slide show. Today makes is so hard to be so far away.
loving you from here with tears in my eyes,
your DIL
Oh J how I love this and wish my mom knew all the techy stuff. I love seeing all the joyous moments through the pictures and rest knowing the Lord is doing great things with both of your kids! She is such a beautiful daughter of the Lord and I wish I had that much passion to go and do the things she is doing.
I have a beautiful picture of you two that I need to give you from my bridal shower. I love seeing how close you are to her and know that no matter where she is in the world you are always in her heart!
Love you lots and praying for you right now xoxoxo B
I watched this slide show this morning and it made me so excited that I got to see my Mom today! Meehan and I are BEYOND BLESSED to have our mothers.
love you dear friend.
What a gift the Lord has given to you to unwrap, to cherish and to now give again. You are an amazing woman Julia, but more than that is your ability to nurture, love and give your children every ounce of your being at every moment. I have never seen anything like it. truly.beautiful.
My prayer for you now is to invest some of that love back into yourself and to lay your emptiness into God's lap for His plans are more wonderful than we can fathom.
Sending you all my love tomorrow.
Aubrei
btw, this video makes me weep for you
You are right....words just don't seem to be sufficient. Pictures do speak a thousand words and what a store full of wonderful memories you have shared with us all. There WILL be more....many more, of that I am confident. Because you have loved well...they will return, in God's timing and with His joy. For now, we cry, we let go and we trust and it's just dang hard. Blessings in abundance xoxoxo
Thank you all for you heartfelt and understanding comments. The only way to express myself was through this blog and in doing so i found it to be most helpful, giving me a direction forward in this new time in my life.
xo
love to all,
j
Julie it has been over two years since this post and it is even more meaningful you watch! Your love for Meehan is as deep as the oceans and as wide as the sky and in each photo I can feel your love for her. By the way you are beautiful and I miss you.
Post a Comment