Wednesday, February 27, 2008

Spring Fever...






Well I am sure that I don't have this but my yard sure is showing some obvious signs. This time of year makes me so excited for whats on the horizon and that is my beloved summer season. I wish that I could say that the fall colors are welcome or that the cold winter nights around the fire warm my soul but truth be told, I am a summer girl through and through. Sand, seashells, tuberose from the farmers market, warm summer evenings aaaah I am so beyond ready. Being sick for so long has made me ultra sensitive to the cold and so our recent 8o degree weather has been a perfect cure for what has been ailing me, which by the way just keeps on giving... in the meanwhile here are a few pics I took yesterday, my orchids are in full array and the green moss growing everywhere is a winter gift that quickly leaves once June hits. I know we will get a last blast of winter but in the meantime this reminder of whats coming is making me super happy.

Hope you are staying well dear friends,

love julia

2 comments:

Melissa @ The Inspired Room said...

Hi Julia! I am finally starting to feel better. I still have a sore throat sometimes, but all in all I am on the mend! So good to see signs of spring! Is that a rooster or chicken at your door? I did a double take. Don't see many of those around our place. :-)

Happy Day!

Blessings to you! Hope life is well for you, in spite of that horrid flu.

Melissa

shelbi said...

what a lovely post :) it lifted me today just to look at your beautiful garden:) i can hear spring in your voice and it is such a beautiful sound.

thank you for your support. i am feeling much better this week. it did take a lot of courage to write it. but i needed to say it out loud. it didn't feel so heavy and dark once i was able to share it with my 'sisters'. :)

hugs to you today J!
shelbi

Related Posts with Thumbnails